You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/29/2019 2:23 am  #1

James Wade hit three 100+ checkouts

James Wade hit three 100+ checkouts on his way to beating Brendan Dolan and secure a place in the quarter-finals at the 2015 World Matchplay Wade is sometimes targeted by the boo boys, admitting it is very lonely on stage, but gives another glimpse of his dry humour when revealing why he prefers the World Matchplay to the festive party atmosphere that surrounds the World Championships.I always think why cant they put it on a couple of weeks later and get Christmas out of the way, he said. If they could do that, I would love the World Championships.Lets be honest, its a huge amount of money, its a massive title, but who wants to be working at Christmas? Ban TV for Christmas.Twelve months ago, Wade finally loosened Taylors vice-like grip on the trophy, ending his bid for an eighth straight title with a 17-14 win in the semi-finals. Watch how Michael van Gerwen defeated James Wade to become the World Matchplay Darts champion Wade gives an honest assessment of his one-sided 18-12 defeat to Van Gerwen in the final, although the 33-year-old is not daunted by the prospect of another title decider against the Dutchman.    Flat as a pancake, he said. Maybe mentally the game against Phil just took the edge off me, but I wasnt very good. I wasnt very good in the final of the World Grand Prix either.But Im starting to get to grips with him. Ive beaten Michael more times than hes beaten me in the last six or seven games. Hell remember that. Im sure hell be very confident against me, but he will remember that.You can follow all the action across our digital platforms and on Sky Sports with the action getting underway on Saturday from 7pm and every night through to the final on Sunday July 24 #LoveTheDarts Also See: Studd: Why not James Wade? Mystic Mardles Matchplay Sky Live: World Matchplay King: Matchplay format woes .

Board footera